We are closing in now on our first Revvi Cup event of 2024 at SX Worx, Sheffield on the 20th January so here are the Final Instructions.
**PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ THESE INSTRUCTIONS AS IT WILL ANSWER MANY OF THE QUESTIONS YOU WILL HAVE ABOUT YOUR RACE DAY
Here are a few final instructions to bear in mind ahead of the event…
– First up we want to say this is a fun event and the number one priority as a team is that everyone has a great time!
– Little dude’s cut the big dudes some slack if they are a little slow on track as we all get old sometime, and the same applies to looking after your parents, they are just as nervous as you.
– There is to be no riding outside of the Arena
– Please take your litter home
– Please drive responsibly in and out of the Venue and remember there will be lots of little ones around
– Parking is limited so please park where asked and with space in mind.
– Please feel free to ask our team any questions you have, we are here to help so you and your riders and families can have a great time.
– Please make sure you attend the riders briefing at 8.20am
– Please make sure you have your number clearly displayed on your bike
– Please be kind and courteous to our staff, members of the public, other riders and their families. We are here to all have fun.
– Make sure your batteries are fully charged
– Long hair needs to be tied up and inside their helmet
– All bikes must have chain guards.
– All riders must wear gloves – Gloves will be on sale from our EXGB gazebo
– Parents must stand back from their riders at the start. If a parent pushes a rider off of the start the race will be red flagged and it will have to be restarted
– Parents who go trackside must be signed in. When signed in for going trackside you you will recieve a wristband which must be worn as well as a high viz vest. If you do not have one you can hire one from us for a £5 cash deposit.
– Parents who are trackside must stay in a safe place and not run around the track. It is their duty to pick up any rider who falls off near them. If we have a situation where parents are running around the track in front of other riders the race will be red flagged
– Lastly and most importantly, have a blast
**Please note, these are family friendly events. If you are a win at all cost parent these events are not for you. Please mind your language and your behaviour around the little riders and their siblings.**
There are no battery charging facilities on site so it is your responsibility to ensure that your battery is full charged ahead of the day.
We will update you throughout the few days via a private Telegram group. To join the group >>CLICK HERE<<
Dogs are allowed on site but they must be kept on a lead and cleaned up after.
Electric Ride Afternoon
We will be running an Electric Ride Evening on Friday Evening from 4.30pm to 7.30pm
This is a perfect opportunity for new riders to try out riding their Electric Balance Bike on a track or for a rider to get some practice ahead of the Revvi Cup race event the next day.
The Cost of this is £30
Race times are approx (if we can we will try and run ahead of this schedule if we gain time in the early races)
4.30pm – 7.30pm – Electric Ride Evening – (additional £30 fee)
7.30am – 8.30am – Signing on
8.20am – Riders & Parents Briefing
8.45am – Practice
9.30 am Aprox – Race 1
Presentation (all riders will recieve their medals at the presentation)
Times are aprox & are subject to change
We are running a tight schedule, so please make sure you are ready for each of your races in the pitbox well ahead of time.
The schedule is subject to change depending on the time available on the day.
Races will have up to 9 riders in. The Points are 1st 9pts, 2nd 8pts, 3rd 7pts, 4th 6pts, 5th 5pts 6th 4pts 7th 3pts 8th 2pts 9th 1pt
Riders will get a practice and 4 races.
The result on the day will be decided over points scored on each race for classes with one group or based on the result in the Final for classes with more .
In the case of a tie on points for the overall (not classes with Finals) the rider with the best result on the last race of the day will be the winner or higher finisher.
In some instances we may combine different classes. Riders will still be scored and awarded separately.
All riders receive a programme, a goody bag and a medal. The Medals be awarded at the presentation.
Awards go to the top three in each class or the top 3 in that classes A Final.
Times are aprox & are subject to change
To save you the cost of buying a Transponder we manually lapscore at our Revvi Cup events. This mean’s it is very important that your rider has the correct number on their bike. We have quite a few duplicate numbers so please check out the Entry lists to see your what your number is. It may be that a 1 has been put in front or behind your riders number.
Rider Entry Lists can be found here >> https://www.exgb.co.uk/revvi-cup-2024-the-opener-entry-lists/
What to wear
Balance Bike Riders – What riders need to wear: Long trousers, race pants or jeans – Long sleeved tops – Closed shoes, preferably ankle boots but trainers as a minimum – Full face helmets preferably but Cycle helmets, properly fastened are acceptable –
**VERY IMPORTANT** All Riders also need to wear gloves – We will have gloves on sale at the EXGB gazebo
There will be catering on-site offering up Hot and cold drinks, breakfast baps, Chip, burgers and more…
Our Partners Moto Twenty5 will have their stand selling Revvi and Electric Balance Bike spares and parts. We will also have our EXGB stand with Gloves, Pads, Goggles and other rider items on sale.
We look forward to seeing you all there!